Thursday, June 28, 2007

UMEBOSHI [1]

It is the first how to make pickled plums this time.
The things to prepare are...

well ripe yellow plums (2kg)
salt ( 300g)
vodka (100cc)

an enamel container with the handle and its lid
two weights (2kg×2)
a wooden drop lid
a clean towel

(And I will use two pieces of glass flat dishes later.)


1: I soak the plums in water for about 1 hour.
By doing it this way, a fruit is easy to become it away from the seed later. In addition, I can pull lye.
During this time, I wash tools and dry them, and I spray vodka and sterilize it.

2: After taking plums out from water, I remove twigs with bamboo skewers carefully. (picture 1)
And I wipe plums with vodka more than 35 degrees and sterilize it.








3: I put plums in the container of the enamel
and sprinkle salt on them. (picture 2&3)

















4: I add vodka to there, shake the container up and down,
and salt turns around in the whole. (picture 4)









5: I put a wooden drop lid and put two weights on the top
and cover it with a clean towel. (picture 5&6&7)






















6: I put this in the dark, cool place in my house, and it is the end of the first step.

For three or four days, I should shake the container in morning and evening, twice a day.
But while I do this work, all the room is filled with the nice sweet smell of the plums and I am so happy!

And this is only just the opening of this work.(^-^)

No comments: